Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A birth mother speaks

Adoption has changed my life. I found myself pregnant at a young age and I knew my life would never be the same. I grew up quickly and realized that I had to start making some very important decisions that would change my life and the life of my child. I chose to look into adoption with LDS Family Services.


The farther along I got in my pregnancy the stronger love and connection I felt to my baby girl. I knew that I wanted to give her the world. I wanted her to have a life that would bring her happiness and security. I loved her so much and I just wanted what was best for her and I knew that placing her with a stable family would provide her with opportunities in life that I could not give her. If I had loved her any less, I would not have been able to place her.

Now, four years later, I know that adoption was not only the right choice for my daughter but also the right choice for me. Since my adoption, I have seen the Lord’s hand in life guiding me and helping me find my way. I was able to move forward with my life and pursue my dreams. I have been blessed with the opportunity to go to college and further my education. I have also met an amazing young man and was married to him a year ago in the temple. Without adoption, I do not know that I would be where I am in life. Anna, my daughter, was no mistake, and I firmly believe Heavenly Father knew what He was doing when He sent her to me. I know that she is where she was meant to be and that her adoptive family is truly the family she was born to be a part of. Adoption has changed my life for the better.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment