Sunday, November 7, 2010

Adopted

Nathan (15) commentary on the blessings of adoption.


I’ve never thought about it. It just feels like I’ve lived a normal life.

Grateful for adoption, yes, but don’t know what kind of life I would have lived if I hadn’t been adopted.

Curious about my birth mom, who she is and what she looks like.

Blessings of adoption:

Gospel: My birth mom was not a member of the church, and she made sure she gave me to a family who were members. She wanted me to go through LDS social services, so that I could be with an LDS family. I’m grateful to be sealed to my family for time and all eternity.

Family: I’m glad I have a mom and a dad. I can’t imagine life without my dad, it would be really hard because he helps me with things a mom just can’t. He is a great example to me. He has taught me many skills, like how to take care of the yard. He’s shown me how to honor and hold the priesthood. He has shown me how to use the priesthood to bless lives. He has given me many blessings that have shown me how much Heavenly Father and he love me. My mom is a great example, and teaches me how to be kind and loving, and I’m glad she’s here for me. She wanted to be my mom, she wanted that responsibility, and she was able to do it. I’m grateful for all that my parents have done for me. I can’t imagine life without my parents. I have an older sister who has been a good example and has been a great mentor for me socially and emotionally. She was a great big sister. My sister, Corrine is one of my best friends, and is fun, and loving. I wouldn’t know how to live without her, and she wouldn’t know how to live without me. We’ve always been there for each other, through good and bad.

Life: I’m grateful to be alive. My birth mom could have made a choice to not have me. I’m glad she felt my life was important enough to have me, and then give me a chance with a stable and good family.

This was typed by Nathan’s mom, while we discussed adoption. Nathan isn’t a talkative individual, so we discussed, mom typed, and then asked if it was accurate. Nathan feels this is accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment