Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reins and Responsiblity

Hi! My name is Sylvia. My husband is Mark. We have been given the opportunity to serve as the co-chairs for Families Supporting Adoption, Houston Chapter. Thus we've been given the Reins of Leadership and the Responsibility to offer something of worth to those we serve.

I am excited about this for two reasons. First I have two tremendous blessings who happened to come to us through the power of adoption. So...does this sound familiar? "Because I have been given much I too must give..."

Second, as a group we have so much to give to each other in way of information, ideas, and stories that can bless each other. Our children will benefit from our willingness to "bear one another's burdens" and sometimes, "mourn with those who mourn."

I, of course hope that there is more joy than mourning among us but we have been given to each other to know and understand--even empathize in a way that others who have not worn these shoes cannot.

To those in San Antonio with whom we share this blog and this bond, "hello!" I look forward to meeting you. I have been reading over your blogs and profiles. I am enjoying getting to know many of you and hope to have a chance to get to know you. I suppose it is only fair for you to get to know our family. Over the next few days I will "reveal" {haahaa} our story to you on this blog. Are you excited? We also have a group on Face Book {or is that one word now}. If you'd like an invitation, request one. I'll try to email the Houston Group. Search for it on FB as Families Supporting Adoption, Houston Chapter. I think you'll find it. It may also be on my profile {I'm excited to answer your friend request and induct you into our FB Group!}

Exciting things are in our future. I do look forward to getting to know you better. Please join us on this leg of our journey and let's make it memorable indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment